12:39 PM

Russian Federation

Posted by Mr.Clive |

If there's one country that I feel inspired of,it is Russia. Not United States of America, not France, nor Singapore or Germany, but Russia. As we all know, the famous Soviet Union fell in 1991,that means the country then, after 1991, went into a period of transition. The transition was from a communist system to a capitalist system. However, such an abrupt move caused them problems that they had not anticipated. When they opened up their markets, they went into a moment of instability, especially in terms of political instability.

However, Russia managed to recover from their 'dark ages' and grow again, largely contributed by their vast natural resources, especially in oil and gas. For example, Russia's gas state-owned company, Gazprom is the largest gas exporter and producer in the world; that should tell us how vast their resources are. I believe, although Russian Federation now is not as strong as United States of America, but one day, I hope they will. But why am I suddenly talking about Russia?


Well, I like to point out the fact that Russia was able to recover and once again, going strong in terms of development was because of their natural resources and so does Sarawak. Referring to my previous article titled SCORE (Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy), I believe Sarawak could emulate Russia because Sarawak too has her own sets of natural resources and in which, could really help bringing her development to a greater height. Even if SCORE failed and may end up like the MSC Cyberjaya programme, however, I believe some of us Sarawakians would take up the challenge and make full use of our natural resources, someday. By having more factories being set up, especially in the central region of Sarawak, that could lead to more housing developments being planned and done, and people will have jobs and would stay at their own Sarawak rather than moving to other places.

We need to attract more Sarawakians to be interested in the energy sector and create more opportunities for the people here to join the millionaire list. Although I myself not a millionaire, but I believe if more people join the list, this could further help bring more development around the millionaire's surrounding, and influence his or her family to follow the millionaire's footsteps. Another place that I like is Dubai (part of UAE). This is because, unlike Arab Saudi, the rich people of Dubai know they have lots and lots of money and now,they are making full use of their resources. And by taking one step forward from the other Arab countries, they are now doing well in becoming a tourist attraction.That is why (take note: this is my personal opinion) I hope that more and more Sarawakians should be rich and by becoming richer, we can ensure we have a louder voice and more able in representing our people and our Sarawak.


(Dubai tower-in planning)-now imagine if this kind of architectural achievements are here in our own backyard. who wouldn't feel proud then?

The resources are there, what's left is the people themselves. :)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's left is the development of human capital.Although Sarawak posses vast amount of natural resources,however,unlike Russia,we do not have enough manpower and expertise like they do.
and also,we must also keep our human capital after we invest heavily on it and don't let them go by offering them lucrative offers.i mean,who would reject a high salary?unless you want to start a business,i think there's a big possibility that our people would accept it.

The People's Power said...

Sarawakians are away from homeland scattered all over the rest of Malaysia and the world.

Besides contributing our manpower to others, MAS and Airasia are taking advantage of this when holiday seasons come. Check on their websites and u'll be surprise that some of the most expensive destinations from KLIA or LCCT are actually in Sarawak. Even more expensive than travelling to other Asean regions.

Anonymous said...

the people' power,i'm curious about your claim that Mas and Airasia are taking advantage of this when holiday seasons come.can you elaborate more on the whole matter?

Anonymous said...

let's us admin ourself...not dependen on others like malaya

no more self-esteem, no confidence with our capabilities

our people should return and serve sarawak after gain experiences and knowledge

who's going to help swk if not we us swkians?
you think malaya will help us? they get the daging, we only get hte leftovers (if there's any)

Mr.Clive said...

if there's any luck for us to run our own state fully,we must start by running our own facilities,resources,our oil and gas especially and our own development (funded by our own money).if we keep on depend on others,it is hard to see a Sarawak fully-governed by the sarawkians themselves.

The People's Power said...

Hi George,

For some destination for example KL-Sibu, last year I bought a ticket to go back during CNY coz me RM830 during the RM 0 promotional period. Where got promotion if this is the price and why it has to start from RM830? This is more expensive than some ASEAN destination. When I compare this to my fren's ticket flying on KL-Miri, it cost him only RM380 and yet he complaint its too expensive during the same period.

May b I shouldn't conclude everything from my experience but with fuel surcharge goes up, be ready to pay extra for air tickets. If a family got 5 members, imagine how expensive it is to travel back to hometown to celebrate a festival.

Anonymous said...

Blogger Mr.Brooke said...

if there's any luck for us to run our own state fully,we must start by running our own facilities,resources,our oil and gas especially and our own development (funded by our own money).if we keep on depend on others,it is hard to see a Sarawak fully-governed by the sarawkians themselves.



then let us independence ;-)

Anonymous said...

wtf!RM830!!!????
that is insane.i mean,it's like you want to go to a place like philiphine or if u add a few hundreds more,you could probably go to Australia already.that is totally shocking!

The People's Power said...

Exactly, and why we are forced to pay something similar or more than a businessman flying to overseas for business trip? And imagine how many Sarawakians and Sabahans are squeezed in this situation.

Anonymous said...

Often we forget the little guy, the SMB, in our discussions of the comings and goings of the Internet marketing industry. Sure there are times like this when a report surfaces talking about their issues and concerns but, for the most part, we like to talk about big brands and how they do the Internet marketing thing well or not so well.


www.onlineuniversalwork.com

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were approximately 180 dollars everwhere. But definitively I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that meticulous model. The prices as regards the sneakers were around 340 dollars everwhere. But finally I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching allowing for regarding that singular model. The prices seeking the velcros were approximately 190 pounds on every site. But completely I base this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching for that meticulous make. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 220 dollars everwhere. But for all I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Very interesting article. Thank you for sharing.


sialis soft dostavka po spb

Anonymous said...

I love proudsarawakians.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory